Honestly, I'm not too familiar with the history of Marination Station. I only heard about it last spring because some of Gun's buddies from Eugene who had never visited Seattle wanted to go there since its food truck counterpart was awarded "Best Food Truck in America" by Good Morning America. In addition to the truck, they also have brick and mortar locations in Cap Hill and West Seattle.
What We Ordered
- Miso Ginger Chicken Taco
- Tofu Taco
- Kalbi Taco
- Kimchi Fried Rice
By the Numbers
- Taste: 4 | The protein in the tacos are well seasoned and the housemade "nunya sauce" adds a great sweet and tangy flavor. Cabbage is good for contrasting texture and to help soak up nunya sauce. The ginger chicken was my favorite out of all three. Next time, I will try the spicy pork taco and substitute it for the tofu.
- Ambiance: 3.5 | This is more of a to-go place than a sit-down-and-chat place. There's counter space along the walls for about ten people.
- Service: 3 | Order at the counter.
- Value: 4 | During happy hour you can get three tacos for $6.50 which is a $1 savings if you were to order outside of happy hour ($2.50 a piece). I wasn't too hungry, so three tacos was enough for me. If I was hungry though, I would need five tacos to feel like I had a substantial meal.
- Overall: 4 | Good Korean/ Hawaiian inspired food for a reasonable price.